After waxing the hair follicles are open. To help prevent infection of the follicles and ingrown hairs the following care is recommended for 24 hours following your treatment:
- Avoid wearing tight clothing.
- Do not apply makeup, tanning products, perfume, deodorant, lotions or talc powders to the waxed area.
- Try not to scratch or touch the freshly waxed area.
- Avoid swimming, saunas, hot baths and overly hot showers.
- Avoid vigorous exercise.
Remember it is normal to experience a little redness, however this should settle quickly after treatment. A cold, damp cotton wool compress can be applied to the waxed area if necessary.
hints & tips for best results
To get the best results from your waxing treatment and help prevent ingrown hairs from forming we recommend:
- Washing the area daily with an anti-bacterial wash to keep it clean and free from infection.
- Gently exfoliating the area 1 – 2 times a week using either a body scrub or exfoliating mitt. This removes dead skin build up and helps keep the hair follicle clear. Please wait a few days after your treatment before beginning exfoliation to allow your skin time to settle.
- Use a body moisturiser on the area daily after showering to help keep the skin hydrated.
- Booking regular waxing appointments (and sticking to them) to help get your skin used to the treatment thereby minimizing any discomfort and maximizing that silky smooth, hair free feeling.
"At 38wks pregnant, being uncomfortable is pretty standard however when I went to see Katie for the first time today for a wax, she made me feel so relaxed! She didn’t rush and did a very thorough job, all while making sure I was comfortable the entire time. I 100% won’t be going anywhere else!"
"I highly recommend Katie to the pregnant women out there thinking about getting a wax before Bub is due. Katie made it a very relaxing experience for me."