Keep your hands and nails looking their very best between treatments by following the advice below:
- Apply cuticle oil to the skin around your nails daily to keep the skin and nails healthy and hydrated.
- Apply a hand cream to moisturize your skin and stop it from drying out. Think of how many times a day we wash our hands.
- Apply a sunscreen to the back of your hands to prevent further sun damage.
- Wear gloves when washing the dishes, gardening and using chemicals as these activities are particularly harsh on your skin and nails and can cause your polish to chip, peel or lift.
- Get regular manicures as these will also help to care for your hands and nails and keep them in top condition.
- Avoid picking at or peeling off your polish as this causes damage to your nails. When you peel off gel polish, by picking at it you, are usually taking off a thin layer of your nail as well, leading to thin, brittle nails.
- Avoiding biting or picking at the skin around the nails as this can lead to infection.
- Avoid using your nails as tools.
"At 38wks pregnant, being uncomfortable is pretty standard however when I went to see Katie for the first time today for a wax, she made me feel so relaxed! She didn’t rush and did a very thorough job, all while making sure I was comfortable the entire time. I 100% won’t be going anywhere else!"
"I highly recommend Katie to the pregnant women out there thinking about getting a wax before Bub is due. Katie made it a very relaxing experience for me."
"I had my first appointment with Katie today, which was for some facial waxing & was very impressed with how professional Katie was. Not only was she thorough, but gentle too. I can highly recommend Katie & will most definitely be a returning client. Thank you Katie."