facial treatments aftercare
After your skin treatment we recommend the following to achieve the best results:
- Avoid wearing heavy makeup. Give your skin a break and try to avoid heavy makeup straight after your treatments and for up to 6 hours. You pores may be open from the treatment and we want to allow the skin time to settle.
- Avoid touching your face or picking at your skin. Sometimes you might experience some breakouts after a facial. The worst thing you can do is pick or squeeze them as this can spread bacteria on your skin, causing more breakouts and can lead to scarring.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure after your skin treatment. Your skin has already been stimulated during your treatment and may be a little more sensitive on the day of your facial.
- Wear a Broad Spectrum 30+ Sunscreen - EVERYDAY! No exceptions here - if you are wanting to make progress towards your skin goals we need to minimise any further damage from the sun's UV radiation.
- Avoid Saunas, Spas, Overly Hot Showers and the Gym directly after your facial. Heat and sweating can irritate your delicate skin post facial skin treatment.
- Don't exfoliate or use AHA's, Retinols, Peels or harsh products on your skin for 24 - 48 hours after a facial. Over exfoliating can damage your skin!
- Do not apply perfume or perfumed products to the area as this can irritate the skin.
- Do not have any other facial treatments for at least 48 hours.
If any redness or irritation should occur, please rinse the area with cold water and apply a cool compress to the area. If this does not alleviate the symptoms within 24 hours please seek medical advice. Please do not hesitate to contact me on 0407 469 728 should you have any concerns.
For best results
- Use your full home care system prescribed by your beauty therapist morning and night as directed.
- Remove your makeup at the end of the day and never sleep with it on. Your skin will thank you.
- Eat a balanced healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fresh water (at least 6-8 glasses per day).
- Get an adequate amount of sleep (at least 8 hours)
- Avoid smoking and alcohol as this can negatively impact your skin.
- Protect your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays by wearing broad spectrum 30+ sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses and protective clothing when outdoors to minimise your sun exposure.
- Book regular facials (once a month) to see the best results for your skin.
“Katie you are amazing! Not only are my experiences at Bushaland Beach Beauty always professional and friendly but Katie is an absolute miracle worker who has completely transformed my problem skin with her amazing facials and products. Thank you Katie x”